Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

H22 Mounts - Group Buy Part 3

57K views 499 replies 73 participants last post by  1funryd 
#1 · (Edited)
H22 Mounts - Group Buy**Update Pics Pg 40**

H22 Engine Mount Group Buy Status:

Well this Group Buy is over and we had a total of 59 orders out of 88 orginal confirmed orders.

Deathwish's H22 with the AZ kit.

Overall it was not such a bad turn out however I had hoped to get more kits out there. I hope and pray that alot of you are satisfied with the product. I worked hard on getting the best quality for the lowest price possible and I feel I have done that.

Mounts are DONE!!! Please read details below. Price is: $350.00 + shipping with Payment thru Money Order Only!!

Arizona Race & Machine
2753 E. Broadway RD.
ste# 101-105
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)982-3900
1-866-991-7223(RACE)

Update: 10-26-2006
Received some money orders already!!! Keep them coming. I will be getting invoices emailed out to those I have received.

Dont forget to make payable to: Arizona Race & Machine

Also if you could include your contact info in the envelope as well to help keep track of your order. Those of you who have already sent and not done that dont worry, but those that havent if you could I would really appreciate it. I dont want this to turn into an administrative nightmare, we are trying to keep it as organized as we can. Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything thru this process.

Adam
Arizona Race & Machine

**Update** Regarding Payment!!

Here is the information:

I have talked in great length to AZ Racemachine regarding all those who want to make payment thru paypal.

AZ Race has made it clear and has shown how committed to this project they have been from the very first day.

1. They purchased a project car for the project.
2. The purchased an engine to put it in.
3. They have invested alot of man hours and material.
4. They have finished the mounts from start to protoype in less than two months(AZ Race was waiting for the PRI mounts from one of the members on the site who was kind enough to loan them for the project -You Go... DeadEnd!!!:Rock:

However, they have made the final stipulation on payment as they are the ones who have done their part. They have told me that after the Group Buy, they will accept other forms of payment but you will have to pay full retail price for the mounts which is yet to be determined, but most likely will be $500 and up.

I must apologize as I was caught up in the whole deal that when I stated that AZ will accept paypal or money order, it was kind of vague on my part.:oops:
I do sincerely apologize for this guys, this is my first Group Buy and I thought I had everything set in stone, but I came to find out I have left many questions as well.:oops: :neutral:

So, as far as payment for this Group Buy, it will be Money Order ONLY!!

Once payment has been received, the customer will be emailed an invoice that is for your records and will be legally binding to AZ Racmachine.

Regarding the ones who will only use Paypal:

I do sincerley apologize for this miscommunication on my part.
I ask you reconsider to stay in the Group Buy, but I understand if you are unwilling to pay this way.:oops: :neutral:

I have done the best I can do with this project which took alot more time and research and man hours to do.

If you drop out of the Group Buy it will hurt the rest of us. But you will eventually want to buy these mounts and it will cost you more in the end. :neutral: :wzbigcry:
**It has been verified by AZ Race that if we drop below 50 paid orders, the price will go up!** So, please reconsider!!!

Please reconsider and make the payment with Money Order, I promise you will not be dissappointed.

I too have to spend for the mounts, but I started the Broup Buy with the money in hand and I still have it.
I ask more of your patience in this regard as it is my fault for not making it clear for everyone. I thought I did but I realize now that it was not.

So, that being said. I await your responses via email or phone. I don't mind talking to anyone of you regarding this matter.

I can only offer one other solution if you must use paypal only.
That is to pay thru paypal thru me, I send you an invoice thru paypal and I will then in turn send the Money order to AZ Racemachine. Understand this will delay your order as I will have to wait for the money to transfer to my account and then purchase the money orders.
And you will still have to pay the 3% fees that paypal will take out of your money going into my account.

I am sorry again, but this is the only way at this time for acceptance of payment.:oops:

After this Group Buy AZ Race will take regular orders at full retail price with all attached fees via credit cards or paypal.

We have come too far in this to let this little issue become the whole determining factor.
I trust AZ Racemachine whole heartedly, I ask you do the same as they have shown us proof.

It is now our time to show them the same respect and put up the money we promised in the way they ask for it. They have been here 6+ years and are not going away, but they did what we asked with no money down.

They have spent and we have not spent a dime as of yet. So, please let's get past this and get our mounts so we can move on and do bigger and better things with the new road ahead of us with AZ Racemachine!:smilejap: :smile:

H22 Project Manager

Sean

Rear Mount

Tranny mount 1

Tranny mount 2

Tranny mount 3

Tranny mount 4

Driverside 1

Driverside 2

I am officially announcing the completion of the project. AZ Race is now accepting payments for all orders.

Deadline for all payment orders will be Oct 31, 2006.

AZ RaceMachine
2753 E. Broadway RD.
ste# 101-105
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)982-3900
1-866-991-7223(RACE)

Once all payments are recieved AZ will be ordering all metal for the confirmed buyers and will start full production of the mounts.

Please note! AZ will not start production of the mounts until all payments are recieved!

Payments are to be made via US Money Orders ONLY!!! AZ has discussed with me why they decided to not use paypal and I understand.
Paypal charges a fee for all their transactions and unless "you" will pay for those charges, AZ Race will only take money orders.
AZ will provide tracking numbers for all orders with the exception of all international orders(you will be notified on what is required on your part).

I will be sending out notification via email to all those who have sent me their info, details regarding shipping to their specific addresses.

Please check your emails, and for those who have not yet done what I have requested, you will only be delaying the project longer, so please respond asap!

We are looking at full completion of all orders produced and shipments done by November 30, 2006.
However this will be determined by all of us on here who have ordered to get those payments in.

For those stragglers who have not committed and were waiting to see if this project will actually be done, you have until Oct 31, to get payments in and request to be added to this list.

If I do not recieve any more request by that date I will not add anymore orders and you will have to order these mounts at retail price for $500.00 + shipping. Or wait until another group buy is organized.
Please note that the next group buy will not be as low as this one as this was done as low as it can go with the small amount of orders that have been requested.

**Remember this Group Buy Price was determined with the number of orders we currently have, if the number of orders starts dropping, we will all being paying the difference in price before the orders are completed!! **
So, please no backing out from ANYONE!!!

So, I encourge all of you who are watching this project to jump in and get in on a good deal!

I thank all of you who have been patient with me and the AZ Racemaching in getting this project done. I am glad to have been part of this momentous occasion in the 3rd Gen community!

H22 Project Manager,
Sean Tydingco

For all of you who want in on this group buy, You will need to do two things:

1. Request to be added to the list on this thread.
2. You will need to email me the below information before I add you to the list.
3. You must have the money ready now or at least know for sure you will have it by purchase time. You will need to keep checking the thread for the annoucement of the payment date.

Now that the ball is rolling on the mounts, I am going to ask everyone to start emailing me their contact info, so I can complete my list and submit it to Adam.

Remember to submit all info in this exact format below:

Name: Maurice Iwannabuy
Login Name: 1funryd
Address: 12345 121th AVE SE, f-501
bogus, CA 98752
Phone: (123)456-7890

Method of payment: paypal, money order(I only want you to tell how you will be paying)

Make sure to email this info to: seantydingco@msn.com
You may PM me or email me for any other questions you may have.
Thank you all again for your support.

Your H22 Project Manager,

Sean

Here is a Summary as of Sept 05th's date:
3rd Gen Lude H22 Swap Mounts w/ lifetime warranty

From/By: AZ Racing (azracemachine.com/index.htm) Contact: Adam, or Logan

Expected/Estimated Group Buy Price: ~$350 (will go up after group buy)

Expected Finish Date: DONE!!!!

Confirmed Buyers: 70

Axles
From/By: Raxles (raxles.com) Contact: Marty
Expected/Estimated Price: ~$175 per (+20 shipping)
Expected Finish Date: After the mounts are done!

Or AZ Racemachine to do in house axles. This is still on going and will have a separate group buy for this. Only if their is a serious interest for this project.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They are willing to do this, but need a minimum number of orders, and that the first run will be the cheapest, so it is better for everyone even remotely interesed in this project to put the money down for the order. After the first run, the price will go up. You will be able to get the mounts made but only in group buys. The more on the group buy the better the price.

They will take payment first, so when they start the production they know those kits will sell and are guaranteed sold.

We need a minimum of 10 or above to get this going.

Ok, here is the big one: Price!!! I asked him what kinda of ball point figure can I bring back to you guys, he said he did not want to commit until they take figure out the specifics, but that it might be in the $300 to $400 range. He again stressed out that if there are more on the group buy they will due whatever it takes to lessen that amount.

AZ RaceMachine
2753 E. Brodadway RD.
ste# 101-105
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)982-3900
1-866-991-7223(RACE)

Here is my email: seantydingco@msn.com
And phone contact info:
(253)856-0296 hm

And for those of you who are serious but have some hesitation about this, go ahead and call me and I will tell you on the phone the specifics. If you dont have longdistance email me and I will call you since I have free long distance(only US, sorry..Canadian brothers, I will email with you for now.)

Here are some pics of the work that this company does:

Here is there link again for those of you who did not get it the first time:

http://www.azracemachine.com/index.htm

They have been in business for 6 years and offer a life-time warranty on their products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update July 05, 2006 @ 11:20am on - Axles:

Logan said that they deal with a company called Raxles to make custom axles for these types of swaps, so for those of you asking about making axles, we do have place to go, I will continue my dialogue with Adam on this as well.

I spoke to Marty from www.raxles.com and he said they can and have done these custom axles before for our cars.

He said they cost $175.00 + (20.00 s/h estimate)per axle, and that all he needed to know was:

What number spline does your hub have either 26 or 28.
What intermediate shaft that you use on the driver side.

The passenger side axle does not make a difference.

They did an H23 Civic axles.

Here is the company that AZ Racing uses for their referrals:

http://www.raxles.com/

Ask for: Marty
Raxles inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653-1623

(888) 257-8192 or (800) 257-8192
8:00am /6:00 pm Mon/Friday

09-26-2006 - - Update on the H22 Engine Swap at AZ Racmachine:**First Mount Cut!!!**
We are very, very, very Close!!!!

Thanks to those that are and have been patient.

ENGINE IN BAY!!! As you can see the trans prototype has been cut!

As you can see our laser leveling jig that helps us to keep everything in alignment. We do it right at AZ Race!

Trans mount cut with bushings in it!!! Now all I need to do is work on the bracketry to attach it to the frame.

09-20-2006 - -Update on the H22 Engine Swap at AZ Racemachine:

Hey guys, here are some pics that I had on my camera that I havent posted yet. I went to snap some pics of the H22 in the engine bay, and my camera battery was dead so I will charge it tonight and get some posted tomorrow.

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88
So Adam just left mi casa with "the" lude, here are the first pics. tear, She will be missed.

My REX in the background

Thats Adam, lol Sorry I got ur backside in the pick!

Here is Adam picking up their new project car just for us!!

Thanks guys,

Sorry about that last post, I was right in the middle of posting and the phone started ringing, and some people needed some tech help. I was meaning to give you guys a status report, and introduction.

Anyways, it looks like you guys are in good hands with Sean. He has been on top of it with us, and we have heard from him every day to every other day. Hes on the ball with this, and we are too. I'm going to pick up an 88 lude this afternoon, and I've got a line on a H22. So we are rolling forward. We are on this 100%, and we are sure that you all will be pleased with the results. We have wonderful feedback on all of our products and I can tell you that our customer service is bar none the best you will find!

I'm a swapper at heart, and have been for a better part of my life. I love taking a small car and putting a big motor into it. Nothing makes me happier. I did see that there are some of you that are wondering about a price bracket based on quantity. Let me tell you that we will give you guys the best price that we can based on the quantity that are on board. There are still a few thing to iron out, and since we dont have the car or the engine yet, its hard to tell what it will be. We know and feel comfortable that the $350 price at the quantity levels we are at to be good, based off of our past mount kit experience. Remember that we are offering you a high quality billet aluminum mount kit that will be bar non the best out there for your application, and we still offer our company lifetime warranty on them too!

I also noticed that some of you were wondering about a wiring harness. I will be looking into this personally, as well as I will be the one installing and designing these mount for this. I have lost count for how many swaps I have done over the years, but know that the way these mount will be setup is how I would have them in my own car. I'm a wiring fanatic, I love it! I'm currently rock a 87 Si CRX with a 200hp 1.6l b16a. The car has been completly rewired to 92-up obd1, under the hood and everywhere else. It looks nice and goes fast. I will post some pics later of it. It runs mid 12's in the 1/4 at 109mph. I nick named her the "Bucket". Over here our work is also our passion. So know that your in good hands

Feel free to call or email me if you have any questions, we are here to help. I will get some pics posted of the new AZ Race Lude when I pick her up.

adam@azracemachine.com
Shop: 480-982-3900

Update: August 9, 2006

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that we have been burning the midnight oil on this. Here are some preliminary 3D renderings that we have just finished. We still have alot to do, but we are getting closer!

Adam
DRIVER SIDE

TRANSMISSION SIDE

These are the actual 3rd Gen mounts in 3D model form, as AZ moves along I will post up more pictures of the mounts. Keep watching the first page of the thread as well as the latest posts to keep up to date of the project.

Update !!! - September 29, 2006 @ 7:37pm

Rear Mount 3-D solid design is up.

Another shot

I am still waiting for those of you who are out in the dark about this to decide.
We got 77 but, this Group Buy is still open, so please decide soon.

Hit me up and let me know.

It looks like the price will be:

**$350.00**

Updated - November 29, 2006 @ 9:30pm pacific us
Here are the committed buyer's for this group buy:

1.) team123luder -! Altadena, CA - paid
2.) Import_Tuna-2 sets -! (Kelowna, Canada) - paid
3.) J-Willie-! Glendale Heights, IL - paid
4.) 1funryd-! Kent, WA - paid
5.) Pimpstecy-! (Ontario, Canada) - paid
6.) Jam89si-! (Gatineau,Québec,Canada) - paid
7.) b20luda-! Auburn, WA - paid
8.) Chris.nl-! (Utrecht, Netherlands) Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
9.) beepnoodle-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
10.) evoludersir-! Cranston, RI - Paid
11.) GLUDE204-! (Manitoba CANADA) - paid
12.) cobra18-! Oklahoma City OK - paid
13.) scyclone-! Phoenix AZ - Dropped from list - Blacklisted!! drop out last minute!
14.) dazy_too-! Miami, Florida - paid
15.) lude22vti-! (France) - paid
16.) 90-Prelude-91-! Brandon, FL - paid
17.) eludethis-! Saint Paul, MN - paid
18.) boblasek-! Hacienda Heights, CA -Dropped out due to financial hardship
19.) 19lude91-! Appleton, WI - paid
20.) hondalude89-! Dallas, TX - Dropped from list - Blacklisted!!
21.) matthewutt-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
22.) barnsey-! (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada) - dropped out due to injury
23.) BILLY-! Naples, Fl - Dropped from list - Blacklisted!!
24.) 91prleude2se-! (Toronto,Ontario) - paid
25.) Deathwish-! Snohomish, WA - paid
26.) lambolude-! Marquette , MI - Dropped from list - Blacklisted!!
27.) 1991SI-! Grand Forks, ND - paid
28.) Mongoo2e-! Blacksburg, VA - paid
29.) butterthegreat-! waiting for pmt??
30.) atlludeguy-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
31.) 88ludester-! (Alberta, Canada) - paid
32.) stusch-! USS George - Rcikreall, OR - paid
33.) bignhite-! Little Rock, AR - paid
34.) the90luder-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
35.) 89lowlude-! (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - Dropped from list - Blacklisted!!
36.) lude act-! San Bernardino, CA - paid
37.) alllude-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
38.) 91PreludeJG-! Lawrence, MA - Dropped last min, Blacklisted!!
39.) three11jeff-! La Vista, NE - paid
40.) basslude-! Smithville, ON - paid
41.) accordionfolder-! - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
42.) 4WSRV-! New Orleans, Louisiana - paid
43.) Ludcifer-! Seattle, WA - paid
44.) madmfdriver-! GROVETOWN GA - paid
45.) Prelude4ws13-! NYC, NY - paid
46.) Ghetto...-! Madison, Wi - paid
47.) jet3000gt-! Nacogdoches,TX - paid
48.) DagoLude-! San Diego, CA - paid
49.) b_bart_luding-! (Australia) - paid
50.) redloudlude- Re-added!(originally 36.) - Paid
51.) xriztoz06- 2 sets-! (Australia) - Dropped from list-Blacklisted! Last min droppout!
52.) MG2-! Atlanta, GA - paid
53.) Kaspin-! Fremont, CA - paid
54.) Preludesi_2004-! Scottsbluff, NE - paid
55.) 88_lude'-si-! Houston, TX - Paid
56.) Tmoney-! Cedar Grove, NJ - paid
57.) cpsloarch-! Los Osos, CA - paid
58.) WeRk-! Covington, LA - Dropped due to crashed car
59.) osvaldo516-! Dupont, WA - paid
60.) 89ludeSi-! Cininnati, OH - paid
61.) fcukwithmeprelude-! Clayton, NC - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
62.) Sunburn-! Hackensack NJ - Droppred from list - Blacklisted!!
63.) cruz85-! San Marcos, CA - paid
64.) pnonu-! Stockton,CA - paid
65.) ONSLAGTH-! SAN DIEGO C.A - paid
66.) junkludedog-! Crossville TN - paid
67.) DreadLox6-! Orlando,Florida -Dropped from the list - got into accident??
68.) MrMagic-! San Jose, CA - paid
69.) macenzofan-! Macon,GA - paid
70.) SilverJDM-! (England) - paid
71.) Mick Garvey-! Mukilteo, WA - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
72.) 91_preludeb20a5-! Sacramento, CA - paid
73.) Chief Mac-! Manchester, CT - paid -Outstanding Guy!!!
74.) 90b20asir-! (Ontario, Canada) - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
75.) LUDERACERGIRL-! Hammond, IN - paid
76.) OMP Prelude- 2 - sets!(Vancouver B.C., Canada) - paid
77.) zilofidelious-! Clearwater, FL - Dropped from the list - Blacklisted!!
78.) rudeludenotmeanthough- Pittsburg,CA - Paid - joined last min- another outstanding guy!!!
79.) quietguy159 - Scottsbluff, NE - paid - joined last min
80. russelljc -Bellevue, WA - Paid - joined last min
81. 8920Si - paid - added to the list
82. secluded luder - Paid
83. Nsomnia - Canada - Paid

75.) lovinthespeed - Dropped for unsure of legitamcy of project
67.) Mr. Aerodeck - Dropped from list due to not committed.
53.) kevinp4685- Dropped from the list due to he got rid of his 3rd Gen for a 4th Gen.
15.) My82lude - Dropped from the list due to financial hardship
22.) Ludasaurus - Dropped from the list due to Financial hardship

For you noobies asking "Can I swap the H22 into my car" That is what this group buy is for and this is what it will look like in your 3rd Gen courtesy of Daily Interlude:

================================================== ================================================== =====

I wanted to add to this thread some other info I thought was important for the do it yourselfer or the professional installer who need a little direction on what to do for the H22 Swap:

**Long H22 Swap Write-up**

**H22 Write up**

**Another H22 write up**

I will add more info that is pertains to this particular project.

Sean:smile:

For those looking for the H22 Motor's, here is a link to one of many importers. I have not personally dealt with them, however I recommend calling them regarding any and all of your questions about the engine and tranny and so forth.

http://www.raceup.com/car_service.htm - Ricks Auto Center Exchange and Performance.

JDM ENGINES
HONDA / ACURA ENGINES / TOYOTA / MITSUBISHI / NISSAN / MAZDA

Engine Type/Price
Engine Specs
JDM B16A 1.6L Cable 160HP

Engine/Trans - $1195.00
ECU - $295.00
CV Axles 150.00/pr (New)
Shift Linkage - $180.00DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
• Cable Transmission
• Redline: 8200 rpm
• Diplacement: 1595cc
• Torque: 111 lb-ft@7000
• Horse Power: 160hp@7600
• Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
JDM B16A SiR2 Hydro 170HP

Engine/Trans/ECU/Axles - $2,800.00
LSD add - $400DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
• Hydraulic Transmission
• Diplacement: 1595cc
• Torque: 116 lb-ft@7300
• Horse Power: 170hp@7800
• Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
• P30 OBD-1 or OBD-2 ECU equipped.
JDM B18C1 94+ GSR 180HP

Engine/Trans/ECU/Axles - $3,800.00DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
• Hydraulic Transmission
• Diplacement: 1797cc
• Torque: 129 lb-ft@6200
• Horse Power: 180hp@7600
• Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
• P72 OBD-1 or OBD-2 ECU equipped
JDM B18C5 98-00 TypeR 180HP

Engine/Trans/ECU/Axles - $5,600.00DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
• Hydraulic LSD Transmission
• Redline: 8900 rpm
• Diplacement: 1797cc
• Torque: 134 lb-ft@7500
• Horse Power: 210hp@8000
• Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
• Integra-R P73 OBD-2 ECU type.
JDM H22A 92-96 Prelude 200HP

Engine/Trans/ECU/Axles
w/ 5-Speed Transmission - $2,900
w/ AutoTransmission - $1,900
DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
• Hydraulic Transmission
• Redline: 7200 rpm
• Diplacement: 2157cc
• Torque:161 lb-ft@5500
• Horse Power: 200hp@6800
• Compression Ratio:10.6:1
• OBD1 ECU type. ZC DOHC ENGINE $750.00
F20 CALL FOR PRICES
F22B CALL FOR PRICES
B20A CALL FOR PRICES
C27A CALL FOR PRICES
C32A CALL FOR PRICES
D15B VTEC CALL FOR PRICESTOYOTA
3SGTE CALL FOR PRICES
7MGTE CALL FOR PRICES
7MGE CALL FOR PRICES
3SGE CALL FOR PRICES
3SFE CALL FOR PRICES
5SFE CALL FOR PRICES
4AFE CALL FOR PRICES
MITSUBISHI
4G63T CALL FOR PRICES
6G72TT CALL FOR PRICES
6G72 CALL FOR PRICES
NISSAN
SR20DET (FWD/RWD) CALL FOR PRICES
SR20DE CALL FOR PRICES
GA16DE CALL FOR PRICES
VG30FF CALL FOR PRICES
KA24 CALL FOR PRICES
VG30DETT CALL FOR PRICES
MAZDA
B6
KL
13BT CALL FOR PRICES
BPT

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
id rather buy my axles from AZ anyway. cuz they know exactly what the measuments are. probably would have the best fit. yup gonna get my h22 now. thnx AZ

#7 ·
I'm sure AZ will have taken this into consideration. They're going to do the best they can. Hell, with all the money they're getting for this, they'd better do the best job they can! I believe they will, and there's no doubt in my mind that problems like the one you describe are going to be either minimized or completely eliminated.

And one other thing: you have this swap done, but you've probably got Place Racing mounts, right? Those mounts, apparently, were faulty from the get-go. I don't think AZ Race is going to leave us high and dry quite so much as Place Racing did back in the day...

--J

#9 ·
What is the status on the A/C Compressor, P.S. fitment and ground clearance issues with the H22A mounts and engine fitment. Guessing that since AZ is already cutting up the mounts and also now the axels that are being prepared, I just wanted to know what I might have to live with or without, or any additional modifications I may have to prepare for.

#12 ·
hey im really interested in this because my car needs a new timing belt and valves and a head gasket..i also need axles....but..lets say i bought the mounts and the axles...will the wiring issue be solved here?? or will everyone be on their own.?.....and i would wanna know where to order an h22a1 and the tranny......But my biggest concern will be the wiring?? Are you gonna look for a wiring harness group buy???.....

#20 ·
soo yeah can someone answer me plz

#13 ·
im pretty sure that when wer all get out mounts there will be more than enuf people working out teh problems. i have to wait for the write ups b/c i dont have the talent or resorces that alot of people on the site have. why is this part 3 now?

#14 ·
This is pt.3 probably do to the fact too many posts in the last sticky and pics of the mounts should be in tomorrow or monday. oh man, and now they're thinking of making the custom axles for us as well in-house. Great group of guys we have fabing things for us. i know i'm still in for the mounts. can't wait!

#17 ·
i was just thinking the same thing when i was looking through the thread.

a few more questions. how much clearance do we have. by that, i mean from the downpipe(does it go past the crossmember) & the intake manifold from the fire wall? just some question's popping into my head since the mounts are near completion.

#18 ·
Ground clearance wont be a big issue, get a shallow oil pan and customize your header a bit.... end of story.

What I'm worried about is the clearance with the steering arm is it? I know there was something there we had to "pound" into submission to clear the crank pulley.

And I'm glad I see this thing coming to an end...... :emthup: sean

#19 ·
unlucky for me, my mounts are going to be sitting in the garage all winter long until spring. I don't have a backup car for snow because its too far into fall now to start. My mr2 hates snow as much as fish hate land. But it will be done, after my downpipe(25rwhp) and turbo upgrade(puts me around 300whp) . muahahahahahahaha111!!!1111. :twisted:

#22 ·
Yes....as Team said...wiring is easy....When I get my mounts I will posting up a VERY detailed step-by-step tutorial....even more detailed than the current ones. You can also get a h22 with lsd tranny, ecu, and wiring harness for ~2k now-a-days.

#25 ·
Hello Gen 3 Luders!!
Chief Mac here, just joined this group last week or so. I’m an old time hotrodder, owned a 70’ Shelby fastback 4 speed car, that sort of thing. Glad to finally find others that realize just how much car they have with this choice of Prelude.
Been doing some study on previous threads the members have posted in the past to gain knowledge of the Gen 3 marvel I own. I've been doing quite a bit of Honda upkeep in the past ten years and have always wanted to a H22 swap into something. I now have my second 91' 2.05/B21A1, but this car is a 5 speed, my first was and automatic. The current 5 speed 91' was bought with smashed glass, a snapped timing belt, bad valve stem seals an weak rings - it smoked a bit (observed the smoking before the timing belt snapped. The guy that had the car at the time wouldn't consider selling it until after the timing belt gave up - loved it that much but gave up on it with the glass broken and the timing belt issue); I gave $200.00 for it in that shape and $100.00 for towing. Replaced the glass, put the car in the garage under a cover, (took my wife’s spot for the Prelude). Since the H22 swap is just a little more expensive than the overhaul of the B21A1, the H22 won the toss. Have my email ready for 1funryd to add me to the GB on the conversion mounts.
In one of the earlier posts Import Tuna sez that the Place Racing mounts were defective - thanks for that bit of info. I had been searching for a set of those mounts for this swap but, no longer (the AZ racing product is much superior). Have located a complete package of engine, tranny, axles, shifter cable and shifter out of a 95' Lude for $2500.00. When I check the grocery list of things to gather, I think I'm finally getting real close: Have the last year of our body style Prelude, found the engine package, jumping in on the GB for the mounts and will be watching for the axles. Am very interested in the wiring harness for the Vtec solenoid and oil pressure signal for correct operation of the whole unit. How am I doing so far?

#27 ·
BTW, thought I'd share a short but true story of a trip I made in my automatic 91' Prelude. Made a trip from Connecticut to my parents house in Alabama to donate my car to them since one of their vehicles was lost to Hurricane Katrina. Picked up another family member in Washington D.C. for some company on the trip. When I was passing through North Carolina (NASCAR country), everybody, I mean everybody was cruising at over 100 mph. I was in the middle lane thinking I'm going to jail for setting my cruise control at 95 mph, only I almost caused an accident for going too slow. So, I moved to the hammer lane next to the center median and punched the cruise up to 105 and was finally keeping up with traffic. No one else was in the lane with me and I felt great being able to let this dream twin cam engine really breath and show it true ability.
The road had long hills about 1-2 miles in between hilltops. As I topped one hill, I noticed a black dot on the hilltop behind me - a mile or so back behind me. By the time I hit the bottom of the hill I was on, that black dot was filling my rear window flashing his headlights. All I could think was: Smart Ass, go around. I never saw him close the distance. Turns out to be a young N.C. Hiway patrolman driving a supercharged SS Camaro - painted black and white with the decal announcing that it was supercharged and all. (Then I started sweating about spending the night in a N.C. jail cell with Bubba, protecting my virginity.) I knew without a doubt the cop had me so, I just eased into the lane to my right, didn't reduce my speed and the cop pulled up beside me, at 105 mph, waved and accelerated away from me like I was backing up. Amazing and awesome all at the same time. I knew I'd had just received a gift from God and a get out of Jail free card at the same time. It was a great memory but I don't think I would get away with it a second time. The point is, I traveled about 60 miles at those speeds - It was great!! BTW, my passenger almost crawled under the seat.
Nuff for now, any words of wisdom on the Gen 3 Lude, I’m all ears. Yep, I’m already searching the threads.
See ya' Chief Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.